HEALTH & WELL BEING - FOOD FRAUD 2
- HEALTH & WELL BEING
- SLEEP - SOME FACTS
- DOES SMOKING POT KEEP YOU THIN
- ANTIBIOTICS - A TICKING TIME BOMB
- FOOD FRAUD
- FOOD FRAUD 2
- WHY LAUGHTER MAY BE THE MEDICATION FOR DEMENTIA BE THE
- FOOD FRAUD 2 current position
- B-12 VITAMIN
- DEMENTIA - A PERSONAL JOURNEY
- CARE GIVERS NEED TO RELAX AS WELL
- EVERY PARENT MUST READ THIS
- PENIS INFORMATION
- SOY DOESN'T MAKE YOU GAY / MALE MENOPAUSE
- KELLOGS ANTI MASTURBATION FOOD
- HOW TO UNWIND AND RE CHARGE - CREATIVELY
- HOW TO AVOID NEGATIVE PEOPLE
Here are 10 reasons why you should skip the Big Mac and leave cows to get on with their own business:
1. Someone had to die for that steak (obviously). Beef is the flesh of a cow, and that cow was once a living, breathing, feeling individual that had a right to live free from pain and suffering. Cows are branded, have their horns cut off and males are castrated, all without anesthesia. At the slaughterhouse, they are shot with a bolt gun to the brain, hung upside down and their throats are slit. Many cows are still conscious throughout the process.
2. Dioxin. Beef contains worrying quantities of the toxic organic chemical dioxin which has been linked to cancer, ADD, immune deficiency, chronic fatigue syndrome, endometriosis, birth defects and nerve and blood disorders. A single hamburger contains 300 times as much dioxin as the EPA states as an acceptable dose for an adult!
3. Beef is an inefficient use of grain. One third of the world’s grain harvest is used to feed cattle. It’s not logical to grow grain to feed animals when there are an estimated one in every six people going hungry each day, and only a fraction of what we feed cows is actually turned into flesh that humans can eat. It’s much more efficient for grain to be consumed directly by humans.
4. Beef is a waste of water. Water is a precious resource and it’s wasteful and irresponsible to squander this for something we don’t need. It takes an average of 2,500 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of beef. There is no alternative to water so we cannot underestimate usage. If we run out, we cannot grow food or maintain vital life functions.
5. Beef is a pollutant. Factory farms and feedlots produce a massive amount of toxic waste that pollutes both the air and water. The feces, which is stored in huge lagoons, seeps into nearby waterways killing fish and destroying water quality. It also emits harmful chemicals into the air. Studies show that people living near factory farms have higher rates of miscarriage, neurological diseases and respiratory problems.
6. Beef is destroying the world’s rainforests. The high demand and price of beef encourages ranchers to burn forests to create new rangelands. This never ending cycle of destruction has driven thousands of plant and animal species to extinction, and is causing a strain on the earth’s ability to covert carbon dioxide into oxygen.
7. Beef is causing desertification. Beef production is one of the major causes of desertification around the world. Delicate root systems are destroyed by overgrazing, unsettling the topsoil which is then eroded by winds leaving only the clay/sand subsoil behind.
8. Happy Meals are making our children obese. Fast food industry giants target children in their marketing, causing them to associate eating at these restaurants as a positive and fun experience, and as a result our children are fatter and unhealthier than ever before.
9. Cows are amazing animals. Like humans, cows have best friends and form close friendships with their herd mates. They choose to spend their time with 2-4 preferred individuals, and can hold grudges for years if they take a disliking to someone. They get excited when they solve problems, they like sleeping close to their families, can detect odors up to five miles away, have a 360 degree panoramic vision, are devotional mothers and are generally extremely inquisitive animals.
10. It’s probably not beef. Chances are that lasagna you’re tucking into is not even beef after all. It could be horse, donkey, pig or who knows, it may even be stray dogs or cats that have been rounded up from the streets, especially if it’s an imported product!
"One of the strangest examples of the spread of error is related to Popeye the Sailor. Popeye, with his odd accent and improbable forearms, used spinach to great effect, a sort of anti-Kryptonite. It gave him his strength, and perhaps his distinctive speaking style. But why did Popeye eat so much spinach? What was the reason for his obsession with such a strange food?
Author: Samuel Arbesman
Artificial Food Colorings – Many common snack foods
Brominated Vegetable Oil – Sports drinks and citrus-flavored sodas
Azodicarbonamide – Breads, frozen dinners, packaged baked goods
Bromated Flour – Many kinds of bread
Olestra – Fat-free potato chips
BHT and BHA – Cereal, gum, nut mixes
rBGH and rBST – Milk and other dairy products
Arsenic – Poultry
Page 8 of 17