Complaints to tour reps at holiday resorts
These are actual complaints received by a holiday company from dissatisfied customers. This proves there are some REALLY stupid people out there.
Thanks to David P. who sent me this. Keep 'em coming.
1. They should not allow topless bathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband, who just wanted to relax.
2. On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost very restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food.
3. We went on holiday to Spain, and I had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish.
4. We booked an excursion to a water park, but no one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed these would be included in the price.
5. The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room.
6. We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white, but it was more yellow.
7. It’s lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallartato to close in the afternoon. I often needed to buy things during ‘siesta’ time. This should be banned.
8. No one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared.
9. Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg slicer in the drawers.
10. I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.
11. The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun.
12. It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair.
13. I compared the size of our one-bedroomed suite to our friends’ three-bedroom, and ours was significantly smaller.
14. The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at this resort’. We’re trainee hairdressers, and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service.
15. When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, and the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners.
16. We had to line up outside to catch the boat, and there was no air conditioning.
17. It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel.
18. I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes.
19. My fiancé and I requested twin beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king size bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-imbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.
20. We rented a car in advance but no one told us the car would be bright orange and we would have to drive on the other side of the road.
21. Rented a villa for a month and had a real hard time understanding the local people as they all spoke Italian and we were unaware of this. 22. All the food stuff in the local Aldi in Spain had different food to back in the UK and there was nothing we could eat. It was all foreign muck.
23. Why oh why can't these foreign places show some respect for the dollar. I offered to pay in dollars and was looked at as if I was nuts. Surely these foreigners want our dollars.
24. Asked for an Ice Tea and no one seemed to know what I was talking about. How come American culture still is not adhered to by these foreigners.
25. Why do so many people in Europe insist in speaking in foreign languages when the universal global language is understood to be American.
26. I visited the United Kingdom to discover they do not speak American.
27. I am Irish American yet found it confusing when we visited Ireland as there accent is so wrong compared to ours.
28. Visited family in Australia and no one warned us it was going to be so hot and so full of bugs.
29. Flew from New York for a vacation in Scotland. Awful place, cold and wet and the accent was impossible to understand. Why can't they learn some decent American.
30. Flew home early at huge expense as the food was awful. No burgers, hot dogs, pizza or any decent American food to be found. Paris was full of ' gourmet ' restaurants but not one served food we liked.
31. Booked an Indoor cabin on a cruise to discover it had no window and the ship rocked which we were not expecting at all. What's with the movement all the time ?
32. Hotel cancelled our booking and left us stranded after we complained about the flight to Spain on a package all inclusive tour to the hotel receptionist and demanded our money back because the flight was bumpy. It caused such a row as they were taking no responsibility and we demanded a refund here and now.
33. No one told me the plane would be full of other people burping and farting all over the pace.
34. The hotel said it was not their job to unpack our luggage for us. What else do they do all day but look after us ?
35. Cab drives in Athens was rude and dumped us somewhere God knows where. We demanded to pay in $ and he demanded to be paid in euro - whatever that is. He drove us away from where we had wanted to be taken and just threw us out of the car miles from anywhere.
37. When are these Europeans going to start offering respect to American tourists as we are the police of the planet and its about time they treated us with a better attitude. Don't they realise we saved their asses in the war ?
38. We came from Nebraska to Paris and cannot find the culture we were promised.
37. Stayed on a farm and was not expecting cows every morning coming in for milking. Really not what we expected at all and wasted our time complaining as the farmer / host just told us to ' bugger off you stupid townies.'
38. No one warned us we were not going to Hawaii but to Hawaii.
39. Stayed at an Adult Only venue to find everyone in their 20's and 30's while I am in my 60's and I was not pre warned I would be the oldest.
40. A guard outside Bucking Ham Palace shouted a command that scared my child and he refused to apologise or even look at me when I complained to him. He then barked loudly at us to ' GET BACK FROM THE QUEENS GUARDS ' - and I want the person who owns Bucking Ham Palace to apologise for her door staff.
41. We booked dinner at our hotel but went elsewhere and the hotel charged us for the meal we didn't have.
42. Waitress chased us down the road claiming we had not paid the bill correctly as we had not left a tip. There was 12 in our party and she demanded a tip for all the hassle she claimed we gave her.
43. We had no idea what the numbers were that were clocking up on a meter at the front of this black cab in London and when we were charged £54 for the journey, the figures that matched the meter, we were horrified. Thinking it would be no more than a $10 ride. It was a 45 minute drive and the cab driver was not amused in having to take us to a cash register to get some extra British £ as he didn't want $ and then added £25 to the total for what he said was wasting his time. What else has he to do ?
JB: I had a 17 bedroomed hotel in Guernsey decades ago called LES VARDES FARM HOTEL and one women had a right go at us about how the cows woke her in the morning when they came in early for milking. We pointed out it was a FARM - hence the name - and she said she didn't think there would be animals on a farm - on Guernsey - famous the world over for it's MILK - and naturally, milk comes out of cows.
One customer complained there was a black spot INSIDE a potato she was served for dinner and even the Tourist Board did NOT uphold her complaint.
BLOG HOME PAGE
copyright © 2022 Hamilton Hall Productions.
All rights reserved.
TO BE DELETED FROM OUR SYSTEM
Return this e mail with
Our mailing address is
Hamilton Hall Hotel
1 Carysfort Road